Beyond the Boat – Seafood Processors Conference
A hands-on event for the seafood processing community. Whether you’re packaging shrimp, fish, crab, or oyster now, or just thinking about getting thinking about getting involved in ‘micro-processing’, this event can take your business to the next level.
Experts from Louisiana State University (LSU) Sea Grant College Program and LSU AgCenter will cover the latest trends, best practices, and new equipment in micro-processing at this one-day event.
- Overview of Value-Added Products : a path to economic sustainability
- Freezing Raw Seafood Products: types of freezing methods & equipment
- Modified Atmospheric Vacuum Packaging: overview & research outcomes
- Transporting Seafood Products: e-commerce, packaging & shipping solutions
- Obtaining Financing: panel of experts will review opportunities & answer questions
- What Comes Next: how our seafood industry can move forward
The afternoon will be devoted to hands-on demonstrations of equipment, including Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP), vacuum packing, fish skinner, grinder, Prawnto machine, flake ice, softshell shedding system, and refrigeration equipment on the LFF Quality Trailer.
Tickets are $20; lunch provided.
Additional information and the agenda will be available soon.
The 4-H Mini Barn is located across from the large barn behind the Coliseum on LSU’s campus. Parking will be available along the gravel drive next to the building, and in the RV spaces behind the building.