Crab Industry Workshop
Join us for more information on changes within the blue crab industry and crab shedding.
This workshop will cover key topics for crab fishermen, shedders and anyone else interested in the crab industry. Of particular note will be details on new harvest regulations and best practices for crab shedding. Registration begins at 11 a.m., and event includes lunch.
- Crab regulation changes and 2019 options
- Catching and handling peelers
- Soft shell crab shedding system demo and maintaining water quality
- Shedding history and value, crab biology and research
- Louisiana Direct Seafood: value-added & direct marketing
To register or for more information, contact
- Dominique Seibert, (504) 458-2397
- Julie Lively, (225) 578-0771
- Carol Franze (985) 875-2635