2020 Louisiana Fisheries Forward Summit
Join us at the Louisiana Fisheries Forward Summit on March 11, 2020 at the Pontchartrain Center in Kenner.
Catch up on what’s new in the industry with hands-on demonstrations and an open trade show that will help all participants connect with the changing world of seafood. Produced by Louisiana Sea Grant, LSU AgCenter and the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries – with their industry partners – it is part of the Louisiana Fisheries Forward (LFF) education initiative.
This free event will include lunch (with advance registration).
Register as a participant (fisherman or processor) or vendor.
Workshops will run throughout the day, in conjunction with a trade show that features hands-on demonstrations on safety, innovative handling and processing equipment,
gear and techniques.
- ‘Future of the Fleet’: who will be our fishermen?
- Impacts of fresh water: 2019 flooding
- Operational plans for mid-Barataria diversion project
- FDA testing of seafood imports
- LA oysters: the way forward
- Black drum/sheepshead fishery analysis
These topics and more for all seafood sectors!