LaDIA Fellows Program
How to Apply to Become a LaDIA Fellow
LaDIA Fellows are selected by Louisiana Sea Grant based on their potential to develop innovative approaches to coastal research. Applicants for the program are leaders in their research fields, use interdisciplinary networks and seek out partnerships beyond the ivory tower. Applicants may work in a wide range of fields, including environmental science, engineering, policy, design, architecture, urban planning and law. Applicants must show how their research is relevant to Louisiana’s coast.
Fellowship applications were due April 14, 2017. Please contact Dani DiIullo with questions.
Download: LaDIA Application Info
Application for the LaDIA Fellows Program
APPLICATIONS WERE DUE FRIDAY, April 14, 2017 by 5PM CST.
Fellowship Requirements (all must be met):
- Early tenure-track faculty at a Louisiana institution of higher learning
- Research must be relevant to coastal Louisiana
- Research must include current or future uses of science communication
- Attendance is mandatory at all three retreats
- August 10-12, 2017
- January 4-6, 2018
- May 24-26, 2018
APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED COMPLETE UNLESS ALL OF THE REQUIRED MATERIALS ARE SUBMITTED AS INSTRUCTED. The following materials must be submitted via eSeaGrant 5 PM on Friday, April 14, 2017. Confirmation of successful submission should be received both on eSeaGrant and in an automatically generated email. (Available for download: Printer-friendly version of full LaDIA Application Information, including eSeaGrant registration information.)
- Brief description (50 words or less) of your research; text should be written for a general audience
- Explanation of your research’s relevance to coastal Louisiana and beyond (500-word maximum)
- Description of how you have used a multidisciplinary approach to address a specific coastal issue (500-word maximum)
- Summary of how you have taken leadership roles in the past and how your current work requires effective leadership (500-word maximum)
- Description of your current or anticipated use of science communication, including audience, media and specific skills requiring further development (500-word maximum)
- A current two-page CV
If you have any questions about this program or application, please contact Dani DiIullo.