Lafourche Parish Coastal Hazards Workshop
Thursday, January 10, 2013
Larose Civic Center
- Planning to Protect: How to be More Ready for a Changing Climate — Dr. Lynne Carter
- Cotton Fields, Glaciers, Sea Level Rise, and Storm Surge: Implications for Lafourche Parish — Maurice Wolcott
- Legal Issues: Local Government Liability/Changes to the National Flood Insurance Program — Jim Wilkins & Melissa Daigle
- Land Use Planning & Zoning: What’s the Difference – Lauren Land
- Workshop Agenda
- Brief History of Planning & Zoning in Louisiana
- Securing Louisiana Highway 1 during Accelerated Coastal Change — Henri Boulet
- SLOSH: New Orleans Basin 2012 Update — Michael Koziara
The Louisiana Sea Grant Law & Policy Program would like to thank all the speakers that made this workshop a success, including Henri Boulet, LA 1 Coalition; Melissa Daigle, Louisiana Sea Grant; Lynne Carter, Southern Climate Impacts Planning Program; Lauren Land, Louisiana Sea Grant; and Maurice Wolcott, Louisiana Sea Grant.
Left Photo: Legal Interns from Law & Policy Program attended the meeting, gaining experience in meeting coordination and public outreach.
Right Photo: By bringing the workshop to the community, necessary local stakeholders were able to attend the presentations at a location that was convenient to them.