LaDIA Fellows Program
About | Past Fellows | How to Apply
How to Apply to Become a LaDIA Fellow
LaDIA Fellows are selected by Louisiana Sea Grant based on their potential to develop innovative approaches to coastal research. Applicants for the program are leaders in their research fields, use interdisciplinary networks and seek out partnerships beyond the ivory tower. Applicants may work in a wide range of fields, including environmental science, engineering, policy, design, architecture, urban planning and law. Applicants must show how their research is relevant to Louisiana’s coast.
Application for the LaDIA Fellows Program
Applications are due Tuesday, November 30, 2021 by 5:00 p.m. CST.
Fellowship Requirements (all must be met):
- Early tenure-track faculty at a Louisiana institution of higher learning
- Research must be relevant to coastal Louisiana
- Research must include a need for communication and/or engagement
- Attendance is mandatory at all three retreats. A small stipend will be awarded to those participating in all the retreats.
2022 Fellowship Consists of Two Retreats:
- January 6 – 8, 2022 — Southeastern Louisiana
- May 23 – 25, 2022 — Southwestern Louisiana
Applications will not be considered complete unless all of the required materials are submitted as instructed.
The following materials must be submitted via eSeaGrant by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, November 30, 2021. Confirmation of successful submission should be received both on eSeaGrant and in an automatically generated email. (Download: Printer-friendly version of LaDIA Fellowship Information, including eSeaGrant registration information.)
- Investigator: Complete info and upload a current two-page CV
- Overview of Current Research: description, importance, relevance and efforts at multidisciplinary problem solving
- Future Research Ambitions: ideas for research, coastal issues of interest and stakeholders
- Science Communication: current and future uses, issues of importance, challenging subjects and past participation in communication opportunities
- Leadership: background and organizational activities
If you have any questions about this program or application, please contact Dani DiIullo.