Louisiana Sea Grant’s Job Postings
- Accounting Coordinator
This position is responsible for the auditing and reconciliation for state and federal grant funds along with funding from private sector sponsors, state appropriations, revenue, and LSU Foundation.
- Assistant Professor
The School of Renewable Natural Resources (RNR) in the Louisiana State University Agricultural Center and LSU College of Agriculture invites applications for a 12-month faculty position in fisheries management with extension (85%) and teaching (15%) responsibilities. The primary responsibility of this position is to develop a nationally recognized extension program in fisheries management with an emphasis on aquatic species of economic importance to Louisiana. The Assistant/ Associate Professor will serve as an Extension Specialist in the School of Renewable Natural Resources (RNR) for the LSU Agricultural Center and the Louisiana Sea Grant College Program in all areas pertaining to sustainable fisheries management.
- Business Manager
This position is responsible for the auditing and reconciliation for state and grant funds along with funding from private sector sponsors, state appropriations, revenue, and LSU Foundation. This position will supervise the Accountant Coordinator.
- Graduate Student – Local Food Systems and Food Security in Coastal Louisiana
A MS graduate student assistantship is available for an eligible student to assist the project team personnel with the grant funded Documenting Food Networks and Pathways in Coastal Louisiana project. The goal of the project is to understand the role of subsistence seafood harvesting and local food production in reducing food insecurity and strengthening community resilience in the coastal area of Louisiana.
- Oyster Hatchery Operations Manager
This position is responsible for the management of the hatchery facility and associated systems at the La. Sea Grant Oyster Research Laboratory for the production of oyster larvae and seed in Grand Isle, LA.
Other Institutions’ Job Postings:
- Coastal Public Information Coordinator — South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium
- Communications Data Associate — Minnesota Sea Grant
- Communications Specialist — New York Sea Grant
- Competitive Research & Education Coordinator — Virginia Sea Grant
- Director — Michigan Sea Grant
- Professional Development Program Coordinator — Virginia Sea Grant
- Science Writer/Editor — South Carolina Sea Grant Consortium
- Staff Attorney, Marine Affairs Institute — Rhode Island Sea Grant Legal Program
- Visiting Great Lakes Education Associate — Illinois-Indiana Sea Grant