LaNERR: Program Updates & Info
Town Hall Meetings
The LaNERR Site Development Committee will be hosting a series of Town Hall Meetings to provide information on three alternative sites that have been proposed: Atchafalaya Basin, Barataria Basin, and Pontchartrain Basin. Town Hall meetings have been organized (virtual attendance only) for each of the three alternative sites. See the schedule summary that describes three time and date opportunities available for each alternative site by visiting the Town Hall Meetings page.
April 2020 – January 2022
During this phase, proposed zones will be prescreened by the Site Designation Committee. Initial Candidate areas will be developed.
- Site Development Committee Meeting #4 — March 30 & 31, 2021
- Criteria, Information and Recommendations — February 18, 2021
- Orientation of LaNERR: Orientation to the Site Evaluation Committee — September 30, 2020
- Charge to the Site Development Committee: Activities of the Pre-Designation Process — September 30, 2020
- Summary of SDC Meetings and Process (to be posted)
- Louisiana Governor and NOAA Letter of Intent (PDF)
- LaNERR Site Selection and Nomination Workflow Overview and Schedule (PDF)
- Common terms and definitions associated with the NERR process (PDF)
- Table of Preliminary Screening Criteria (PDF)
- Table of Final Draft of Screening Criteria – under review by NOAA (PDF)
- FAQs (to be posted)
- Pew Report – The Economic Contribution of the National Estuarine Research Reserves: A Pilot Study (PDF)
- NOAA Guidelines for NERR (to be posted)
November 2020 – August 2021
During this phase and overview of LaNERR Process will be presented to Stakeholders. These stakeholders will provide feedback on Proposed LaNERR areas.
- What is the National Estuarine Research Reserve (NERR) System and What are benefits of a NERR in Louisiana — June 8, 2021
- Delta Dispatches: A National Estuarine Research Reserve for Louisiana’s Coast — January 8, 2021
- Public Webinars — December 9, 2020