LaNERR: Program Updates & Info
November 2020 – August 2021
During this phase and overview of LaNERR Process will be presented to Stakeholders. These stakeholders will provide feedback on Proposed LaNERR areas.
- What is the National Estuarine Research Reserve (NERR) System and What are benefits of a NERR in Louisiana — June 8, 2021
- Delta Dispatches: A National Estuarine Research Reserve for Louisiana’s Coast — January 8, 2021
- Public Webinars — December 9, 2020
April 2020 – October 2021
During this phase, proposed zones will be prescreened by the Site Designation Committee. Initial Candidate areas will be developed.
- Site Development Committee Meeting #4 — March 30 & 31, 2021
- Criteria, Information and Recommendations — February 18, 2021
- Orientation of LaNERR: Orientation to the Site Evaluation Committee — September 30, 2020
- Charge to the Site Development Committee: Activities of the Pre-Designation Process — September 30, 2020
- Louisiana Governor and NOAA Letter of Intent (PDF)
- LaNERR Site Selection and Nomination Workflow Overview and Schedule (PDF)
- Common terms and definitions associated with the NERR process (PDF)
- Table of Preliminary Screening Criteria (PDF)
Town Hall Meetings
During this phase, presentations of Candidate Sites will be given to local communities in order to evaluate potential value of sites. Feedback will be given to the Site Evaluation Committee who will select the final site for nomination.