Teacher Professional Development
Louisiana Sea Grant strives to provide quality educational resources and programs for teachers and students throughout the state. These programs aim to immerse participants with the environment and ways to protect plus steward it. Teachers and students build awareness about environmental initiatives that they can bring back to their schools and communities. Participants become one with the scientific process, and activities are aligned with Louisiana State Standards. These workshops seek to survey teachers about current issues that they would like to engage with and introduce community partners. The goal of Louisiana Sea Grant is to build a stronger relationship between the environment and the people of Louisiana.
- Layers of Louisiana History – hosted by Louisiana Sea Grant and NOAA
- Southeastern Louisiana: June 13 – 17, 2022
- Southwestern Louisiana: TBD – Summer 2023
- Changes in the Pontchartrain Basin – hosted by Louisiana Sea Grant and NOAA
- Northshore: May 30 – June 2, 2023
- Southshore – TBD