Laborde Endowed Chair
Laborde Endowed Chair appointees have loaned their expertise to Louisiana Sea Grant and LSU on such topics as microbial life in extreme environments, coastal wetland restoration technology, seafood sanitation, waste stream processing/utilization, mercury/methylmercury contamination in coastal waters, and the mechanics of debris exposed to hurricane-force winds. Previous appointees include:
- Dr. Joseph Seckbach — Hebrew University of Jerusalem (retired)
- Dr. James Coleman — Boyd Professor, Coastal Studies Institute, Louisiana State University
- Dr. Robert J. Price — Extension Seafood Technology Specialist, University of California
- Dr. William H. Patrick Jr. (deceased) — Boyd Professor, Wetland Biogeochemistry Institute and Department of Oceanography and Coastal Sciences, Louisiana State University
- Dr. John Holmes — Director, JDH Consulting, Mentone, Australia. John Holmes was featured in the Spring 2005 edition of Coast & Sea.
- Hans Brix Neilsen — Professor and head of the plant biology section at Aarhus University, Denmark
- Mark Gluis — Shellfish Aquaculture Specialist, South Australian Research and Development Institute, Adelaide, South Australia
- Edward Maltby — Professor of Wetland Science, Water and Ecosystem Management & Director Institute for Sustainable Water, Integrated Management and Ecosystem Research University of Liverpool.
- Standish Allen Jr. — Professor of Director of the Aquaculture Genetics and Breeding Technology Center at the Virginia Institute of Marine Science, College of William and Mary, Gloucester Point, Va.
- Scott C. Hagen (deceased) — Director, LSU Center for Coastal Resiliency; Professor, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, Louisiana State University